On January. 19, famous crypto skeptic and gold bug Peter Schiff claimed on Twitter that he has lost access to his Bitcoin wallet and that his password is no longer valid.

Schiff added that his BTC is now intrinsically worthless and has no marketplace value. He also added that:

"I knew owning Bitcoin was a bad idea, I just never realized it was this bad!"

Getting to the lesser of the upshot

After Schiff tweeted about his loss, the crypto community was quick to bound to the rescue. For instance, co-founder and partner at Morgan Creek Digital Anthony Pompliano responding by request if he forgot his countersign, to which Schiff has responded that, "My wallet forgot my password."

Pompliano so asked Schiff to email him directly:

"The software simply executes the commands that humans give information technology. It can't 'forget' anything. E-mail me and I'll attempt to help you recover the lost Bitcoin."

Nevertheless it looks like the BTC may indeed exist gone for skillful, as Schiff responded:

"Eric Voorhees set upward the wallet for me and even he thinks there is zip I tin can practice. Only you're welcome to endeavour if you lot take whatsoever ideas."

BTC price skepticism

Schiff is known for being an outspoken critic of cryptocurrencies. Just before the New Yr, he claimed that dissimilar every other asset class, BTC was not rising toward the cease of the calendar year.

In tardily November, Schiff claimed in a Twitter fence that the price of BTC would drop to $1,000 to "complete the design."